Saturday, April 5, 2008

The Liver Cleanse

One of the first things that I found on my quest for alternative health knowledge was the liver cleanse or liver flush. As always, to the detriment of all other schoolwork I spent hours reading about it and looking at testimonials from both first timers and veterans. Apparently this method has been around for a long, long time.

The main goal of the flush is to get the stones that reside in your liver out of your body. In the flush, you use apple juice to soften the stones, use epsom salts to relax the bile ducts, and then you drink an olive oil concoction (classic coke or grapefruit juice and olive oil) in order to get the liver to dump all it's bile and take the stones with it.

It seemed a very promising if not disgusting process before I did it. It still is both great and disgusting. You really pee out your butt to get them out. From intestinal mucous to internal parasites to these gallbladder and liver stones, my thoughts are to get the stuff out of me. To me it is grosser knowing that the stuff is inside of me than the process of getting it out. I believe there are a few key health remedies that really pack a punch and work for almost everyone. Colon cleansing and the liver cleanse being the best.

As of now I have done 5 liver flushes, some more successful than others. This past time I got 3 dime size stones among about 150. They were jade green this time but the color may vary depending on the person. The color may also vary based on how many flushes you have done. The stones in your liver and gallbladder block bile flow and obstruct other processes in the liver so it can't work efficiently. You can get hundreds of stones per flush! The stones are a mix of calcium, cholesterol, dead parasites, and a mix of toxins. This flush makes your liver spit these things out like hotcakes on Sunday.

The liver is the heavy hitter of toxin management. It has a trick to neutralize almost any natural toxin and many man-made ones. The problem is that our other methods of detoxing aren't doing their thing while at the same time the world of chemicals has exploded in the past century and we are exposed to a lot of them everyday. Most of us don't exercise enough to move both lymph and bowels around, which are two important elimination channels. We don't sweat enough or breath deeply either. Those two also can be achieved by exercise. The problem is we don't have any way to clean the liver with exercise, so the flush does the trick. I don't get enough exercise, so when I do a liver cleanse the results are immediate and amazing. The liver also does a host of other jobs in addition to detoxification.

Some personal results:
  • Softer hair and skin
  • Sharper focus
  • Better digestion
  • Sinuses are cleared
  • Senses are enhanced
  • My mood is more cheery
  • More energy
This happens every time for me. I haven't done enough flushes yet to be rid of stones but can't wait until I do. Hulda Clark, who brought this recipe back into relative 'popularity' suggests that a heavy metal cleanse, bowel and parasite cleanse should be done first. While I think this would make things more successful, it is definitely not necessary.

When your liver works better wonderful things can happen to your health. So without further ado, I will direct you to some further information on the how-to's and specifics.

Cure Zone Liver Cleanse Page
Angel Healing Center Liver Cleanse
The Life Tree-Liver info and Cleanse
Wikipedia Liver Page

Read about it for awhile and ask a doctor about it if you have concerns of course. Honestly,
it's one of the best things I do for myself. And the best part: ITS CHEAP. Good luck if you try it.